FAMI-QS attaches the utmost importance to the confidentiality of your information. This privacy statement explains which data we collect about you and how we use it, as well as the rights you have and how you can exercise them. We undertake to implement all appropriate means to preserve the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data.
Who collects your personal data?
The ASBL FAMI-QS THE QUALITY AND SAFETY SYSTEM FOR SPECIALITY FEED INGREDIENTS, an association existing under the laws of Belgium, having its registered office at Avenue des Arts, 6, 1210 Brussels, Belgium, and registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0865.715.003 (hereinafter “FAMI-QS”) collects your personal data on its own behalf, as the controller.
You can reach us via the following contact details:
Avenue des Arts, 6
What personal data does FAMI-QS collect?
The data processed by FAMI-QS when you are visiting and interacting with our website are potentially the following (if you provide us with this information):
- email address
- phone number
- professional address
FAMI-QS undertakes to do its utmost to collect and process only the data strictly necessary for its purposes. In particular, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that it is important that you also ensure that you yourself only provide us with the relevant information.
For what purposes and based on what lawful bases does FAMI-QS use personal data?
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (“General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”) requires that any processing be based on one of the six lawful bases it lists:
- the consent of the data subject,
- the need for the performance of a contract concluded with the data subject or pre-contractual measures at the latter’s request,
- a legal obligation,
- the protection of the vital interests of a natural person,
- a public mandate or,
- the legitimate interest of the data controller, provided that the rights and freedoms of the data subjects do not prevail.
We summarise below the different purposes of the processing operations carried out by FAMI-QS and the lawful bases on which these operations are based:
- answer to requests sent through the contact form (in function of the nature of the request, this processing will be based on your consent or our legitimate interest to answer any request);
- management of any dispute that may arise (on the basis of our legitimate interest to defend ourselves);
- registration for training courses (on the basis of our legitimate interest to properly organize such activities);
- subscription-based notifications on the certificates’ status (on the basis of our legitimate interest to provide such notifications);
- prevention of fraud and illegal activity on our website (based on our legitimate interest in maintaining the security of our IT infrastructure.
Under no circumstances will FAMI-QS sell your personal data.
In order to ensure the proper performance of our services and the achievement of the purposes detailed above, however, we are sometimes required to communicate or give access to certain information to third parties such as:
- our IT service providers, for example in the event of any intervention on our systems;
- with the trainers who deliver our training courses.
In the course of our business, we are required to transfer certain personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) (mainly in China, Malaysia and Brazil). These transfers only concern personal data of persons established outside the EEA and are subject to appropriate safeguards.
How long will personal data be kept?
The duration of the storage of your data will be determined by:
- the purposes detailed above;
- any legal obligations to keep data;
- the applicable legal limitation period.
The main deadlines are as follows:
- billing data: until the end of our tax and accounting obligations (7 full tax years);
- contact data: your data will be kept as long as our professional relationship justifies it;
- promotion of our services: until you ask us to stop this processing.
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
As a data subject, you have various rights. Below is a brief description of these rights and how you can implement them.
- Right to information – You can send us any questions regarding the recording and processing of your data.
- Right of access – You may, at any time, and by written request to FAMI-QS, obtain confirmation that personal data concerning you is processed or not and, where applicable, obtain access to such data and a free copy thereof.
- Right to rectification – You may, at any time, and via a written request addressed to FAMI-QS, obtain the rectification of any inaccurate personal data concerning you. You can also request that incomplete data be completed in the same way.
- Right to erasure – You may, at any time, and by written request to FAMI-QS, obtain the deletion of your personal data, provided that one of the following reasons applies:
- the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed;
- you have withdrawn your consent on which the processing was based and there is no other lawful basis for it;
- you object to the processing and there is no compelling legitimate reason for it;
- he data has been unlawfully processed;
- the data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to limitation of processing – You may request, by sending a written request to FAMI-QS, that the processing be limited for one of the following reasons:
- you dispute the accuracy of the personal data (processing will be limited for the period necessary to verify the accuracy of the data);
- in the event of unlawful processing, you object to the deletion of your data and request that its use be limited;
- FAMI-QS no longer needs your personal data for processing purposes, but it is still necessary for you to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- you have objected to the processing (the processing will be limited for the period necessary to verify the existence of legitimate grounds pursued by FAMI-QS that would prevail over yours).
Where processing restrictions are granted, personal data may, with the exception of storage, be processed only with the consent of the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights, or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person, or for important reasons relating to the public interest.
- Right of opposition – You have the right to object, at any time and by sending a written request to FAMI-QS, for reasons relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data based on the performance of a public mandate or necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by FAMI-QS.FAMI-QS will no longer process such personal data unless it is demonstrated that there are legitimate and compelling reasons for processing that prevail over your interests and rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights.
When your personal data is processed for the purpose of prospecting, you have the right to object at any time to this processing.
- Right to portability – ou have the right, by sending a written request to FAMI-QS, to receive the personal data concerning you or your children that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit such data to another controller without FAMI-QS hindering it, when:
- the processing is based on your consent or a contract; and
- the processing is carried out using automated processes.
- Right to withdraw consent – Where the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time by sending a written request to FAMI-QS. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing operation based on the consent given before it was withdrawn.
- Right to lodge a complaint– FAMI-QS makes every effort to ensure that its legal obligations regarding data protection are respected and to respond as quickly as possible to any complaint addressed to it in this regard.In the event that you are not satisfied with the response received, you have the option of filing a complaint with the Belgian supervisory authority.Rue Haute, 139
Tel.: +32 2 213 85 40
Fax: +32 2 213 85 65
You also have the option of contacting the supervisory authority in your country. You will find the contact details of all the supervisory authorities here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.